Up 4 Adventure UK Ltd – Booking, Participation & Cancellation Policy
Last updated: July 2023
Each adventure/course is booked in accordance with the following Terms and Conditions:
To make a booking you must either be 18 years or older, or have permission from a parent/guardian. To confirm a booking, each participant must pay a 25% non-refundable deposit payment for the adventure/course.
Bookings are made by following the procedure below:
- Find the trip and date that suits you on our website
- Contact the Up 4 Adventure UK team.
- Pay the 25% non-refundable deposit payment via the invoice sent to you - this will confirm your place on the adventure/course.
- Fill in your personal details on the confirmation email and form sent to you, following your deposit payment being received. The remaining balance needs to be paid no later than 6 weeks before the adventure/course begins, this can be done via the invoice which will be sent to you along with the confirmation email.
Your 25% deposit is a non-refundable booking fee covering the administrative, planning, booking and research costs associated with delivering your adventure/course that we incur prior to and in processing your booking.
Payment by Credit Card
If you wish to pay by credit card/paypal, additional fees will be added to cover charges imposed by your credit card provider and our payment gateway. Typically, this is around 3% of the total amount paid. Please contact us directly if you wish to do so.
- A deposit of 25% for the amount set out in the booking confirmation, shall be paid to Up 4 Adventure UK at the time of booking.
- Payment of the final balance of the adventure/course cost shall be paid a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the adventure/course.
We (Up 4 Adventure UK) reserve the right to remove any participant from any program, event or activity we run, if we deem the behavior or conduct of the participant to be dangerous, aggressive, refusal to take part or heed instruction, or unacceptable in any way. No refund will be offered for the loss of activity time and the participant will be banned from any further bookings with Up 4 Adventure UK. By making and participating in a booking with Up 4 Adventure UK, you accept this policy and the decision made by managing directors Jay Watts and or Michael Speakman. The decision will be non-negotiable, take immediate effect and not require formal justification or proof for reason of removal.
Refunds & Cancellation
In the event of the participant cancelling and/or withdrawing from the adventure/course, for which notice must be given in writing (including email), for any reason whatsoever (except solely cancellation by Up 4 Adventure UK), the following will apply.
- Following payment of the deposit, the deposit will be fully non-refundable in all circumstances.
- If the participant cancels or withdraws more than six weeks before the adventure/course start date, a full refund of any monies paid, less the deposit, will be given.
- If the participant cancels or withdraws six weeks or less before the adventure/course start date, or at any time after the adventure/course start date, then no refund of the adventure/course cost will be given.
Cancellation by Up 4 Adventure UK
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a adventure/course you will be entitled to book onto another Up 4 Adventure UK adventure/course up to the value of the cancelled adventure/course booking. This is to be completed within 12 months of the original cancelled adventure/course. We reserve the right to cancel any adventure/course for the following but not limited to reasons:
- Adventure/course does not meet minimum group numbers
- Where circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, for example, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism, extreme weather conditions, technical problems arise with transport or unforeseen illness/injury to staffing.
We will not offer any refunds with respect to insurance premiums you may have taken out with any third parties.
Change of Location by Up 4 Adventure UK
In the event of unforeseen circumstances preventing the booked adventure/course being able to take place in the location described, Up 4 Adventure UK reserve the right to change the location of the adventure/course to a equivalent, suitable and safe alternative. These circumstances could include, but are not limited to:
- Severe or unsuitable weather conditions/forecast.
- Travel restrictions
- Unavoidable and unforeseen changes to logistical planning, for example but limited to: campsites closing or cancelling a booking.
Personal Travel Insurance
We strongly advise you to take out adequate travel insurance as soon as you have booked onto a adventure/course. This should be in line with this cancellation policy. Up 4 Adventure UK will not be held responsible for any financial loss incurred as a result of participants not having adequate travel insurance in place, under any circumstances.